Saturday, March 29, 2003

MORE ON PHILO ONLINE:


Torrey Seland writes:

I read your comments on your paleojudaica page concerning Philo texts online, and I can tell you I have been working on it. As you probably know the texts (Yonge's) are available in the Logos programs (www.logos.com), (and in printed form by Hendricksons) and for some way back I found the texts available on internet, but it has now been removed. The text is still available in a zip-file provided by someone I don't know, but the file is damaged and useless.

I have discussed the possibilities of having this translation available online, with R Kraft, but there obviously is some copyright issues involved. Hence so far, there is just available online the texts mentioned on my Philo webpage.


Thanks Torrey. I wasn't aware that there would be copyright issues, since it's a nineteenth century translation. I hope something can be worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment