Monday, October 06, 2003

"LEARN ABOUT THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS" is an Amazon listmania list by FrKurt Messick, "Priest, Historian, Theologian." The list is pretty good (and I don't just say that because he put one of my books in it, with five stars even), but I'm not sure what the Nag Hammadi Library is doing in there (do read it though, just on general principles), and I don't think Dever's book has anything to do with the Scrolls (but read it too; no harm, right?). I'm not complaining: there's nothing bogus in the list, which is more than can be said for some of Amazon's lists. But I would add Garcia Martinez's The Dead Sea Scrolls Translated and Schiffman's Reclaiming the Dead Sea Scrolls. Fr. Messick is quite prolific, with more than 500 Amazon reviews to his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment