Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I'M OFF TO SAN ANTONIO first thing tomorrow morning to attend the annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. On Friday evening I'm scheduled to give a short paper, "Astrology and the Descenders to the Chariot," in the PSCO session. PaleoJudaica readers can read it now by following the link. Then on Monday I'm to chair the Early Jewish and Christian Mysticism session (S22-59) that reviews Rachel Elior's new book The Three Temples: On the Emergence of Jewish Mysticism. (Unfortunately, the Online Program Book does not allow permalinks to individual sessions. I hope next year they will consider remedying that.)

Any blogging during the conference will depend on ready availability of Internet facilities, plus my whim. At the moment I feel inclined just to take a break, but we'll see. In any case I'll try to take some interesting notes and photographs. I expect to be back on Wednesday the 24th, so look for me then, if not before. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment