Friday, August 05, 2005

THE JERUSALEM SYNDROME was the subject of a paper at the 14th World Congress of Jewish Studies:
'I want to be 1st woman to interview the messiah'
By SAM SER (Jerusalem Post)

"What really opened my eyes to Jerusalem Syndrome," said Dr. Maria Leppakari, "was the Rastafarians. I was looking through a travel guide on Jamaica when I saw a little mention of the fact that the Rastafarians believe in a god called Jah. Bob Marley is kind of their St. Paul... You know, 'I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion,' that kind of thing," she explained to The Jerusalem Post, trailing off to the lyrics of the reggae legend.

[...]

The coming of the year 2000 has been the only disappointment for Leppakari, she said, with the relative quiet of messianic and apocalyptic groups creating a severe anticlimax for research.

"And I was so excited to be waiting there on the Mount of Olives," Leppakari recalled. "I was hoping to be the first woman to interview the messiah!"

Well, maybe she can cover the finding of the Ark of the Covenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment