Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'M OFF TO BOSTON for the annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. I expect blogging to continue through it more or less as normally. As usual, I will be presenting a paper and, as usual, I am posting it here in advance for those who can't make it to the conference or the session.

The Book of Revelation and the Hekhalot Literature (PDF file)
SBL23-65, Early Jewish and Christian Mysticism
11/23/2008, 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM, Room: Beacon H - SH

A handout containing passages from my (hopefully soon to be published) translation of the Hekhalot literature is here (PDF file).

Also, Douglas Mangum has posted a list of Bibliobloggers Presenting at SBL at the Biblia Hebraica blog.

I'm preposting this note on Wednesday. I'll be traveling all day Thursday and expect to arrive on Thursday evening. Look for me again by Friday.