How Repentance Became BiblicalFollow the link for more information.
Judaism, Christianity, and the Interpretation of Scripture
David A. Lambert
- Spells out the early history of repentance as a concept
- Identifies a broad-based scholarly tendency to read repentance into the Bible.
- Shows how that tendency relates to the broader history of interiority and the self.
- Redescribes a range of key religious practices and central texts in the Bible.
- Integrates a critical study of biblical texts with a study of post-biblical literature.
Monday, January 25, 2016
Lambert, How Repentance Became Biblical
NEW BOOK FROM OUP: